BBDW 9 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland


Section 9 (UNEDITED)

The aftermath is, somehow, over. There was recorded evidence, and although there was a little gap, Jude’s explanation was considered sufficiently understandable as circumstantial evidence. When asked by his chief, “So, this guy talked about his childhood, threatened you, and then stabbed himself in the neck and took his own life?” there’s a pang of small guilt in Jude’s heart, who casually replied, “Yes.” The police were satisfied that they had solved a terrible incident, and Jude had no major distress… …no, it seemed unlikely. It was rather Tim that bothered Jude a lot. Tim, who had been running after hearing about his partner on the cell phone, shrieked as soon as he found out that he was safe, and this freaked Jude out.

“Are you stupid?! If you had guessed, you should have come with me, why put yourself in such a place alone!”

“Huh? Ah, so, Tim…”

“Are you the only detective? Are you the only detective? Was I that unreliable? Is that why you went alone?”

“No, Tim, it’s not like that…”

Staring at his angry partner, Jude scratched his cheek and said in an unkind, intimidating voice.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I was just going to record the evidence, but I didn’t know it was going to change all of a sudden, and I thought I’d better go by myself… Well, and, you know, if you think of him as the culprit, you’re going to be too nice, and honest, so you’re going to make it obvious, and if we both go, we’re going to put too much pressure on him to turn around……I didn’t mean anything bad.”

Looking at Jude for a long time, Tim sighed like a parent with a problem child, then reached out his big, greasy hand and flicked at Jude’s forehead. “Next time, just let me know what’s going on. If you don’t come back after a long time, I’ll go as a backup.” Jude smiled feeling a little sorry and nodded.

On this slightly cloudy and steaming day, it was nice to be able to close the case and relax with the coffee and sandwiches in your hands, but one voice lingered in his ears. A quiet blue-grey eyes voice, not a despondent and deranged self-confession of the criminal.

Where there’s an interesting sense of murder.

“In the end, what you want is a stimulus…”

In a slightly sleepy voice, he murmured a word insignificantly, and Jude bit the sandwich down.

-It wasn’t much later that Jude was swept away by the so-called ‘interesting sense of murder.’

It is of course rare for a serial killer to remain in the dark and not be left as an important character in a book of criminal psychology. However, there are certainly serial killers who commit murders secretly and in quiet, inconspicuous ways. Also, their methods are very diverse, and when they are attracted to one particular method, they are very obsessed with it. There are various methods of murder, such as poisoning, strangulation, and smashing, but what is certain is that there is no such thing as humane murder……

-Hello.

Of course, I’m still travelling. I think it’s true that travelling is better than staying at home. There’s a lot more to see and a lot more fun things to do. Rather, it’s better now than before. I have a better appetite now. I think I’ve found something more interesting these days, so I’m just watching. I hope it doesn’t turn boring too early. I’m hoping you’ll have more fun than the guy you used to be, but I don’t know. I haven’t seen you for a while, so I wonder how you are. Let’s meet sometime if you don’t mind. Of course, I will have to pick it up from my side. I still don’t hate you being a detective. Then, I’ll write to you again.

– Alvin Jones.

*        *        *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBDW 80 [END] [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 78 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 61 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 70 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 58 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 1 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland