BBDW 2 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland


Section 2 (UNEDITED)

“Oh, I give up. I can’t. That guy, he doesn’t want to say anything in the first place.”

“But he says he's only going to talk to you.”

White shirt and black suit pants. Looking at the tall, well-defined man with a weary look as he make coffee with a coffee pot in the corner of the prison, he soon asked his partner with a worried face.

“Did he threaten you or something? Like he’ll get his friends out there and get revenge.”

“Oh? No, he didn’t say that. Oh, I actually received a confession.”

“……What?”

Tim, who looked at Jude's green eyes for a moment, asked back in a dazed voice. Jude, who was tilting his coffee cup –“Oh, hot!”– answered dryly, blowing his coffee enthusiastically.

“He likes me. He says I'm similar to him.”

“He... Did he say that?”

“What, what’s with your face? You don’t think I would have accepted that confession, do you? Tim. You know I only have you.”

While touching his chin with a serious face, the short-haired cop giggled at his partner’s unbecoming charm. As he rubbed the dark blond hair messily, Tim opened his mouth in a slightly sorry tone.

“Well, the Chief told me not to talk nonsense. Even though we already sent dozens of counsellors in, they said he didn’t say a word and he was just sitting there without any expression. He keeps demanding at you to solve it somehow. The media pressure must be quite a burden to him.”

“You can leave it to me, but it won’t yield much. Honestly, I don’t think he’s going to say anything. There’s no reason to say that the more bodies we found, the more sentence he will get. Just by seeing what was in his basement would already be a death penalty. What's the rush in this situation?”

“Well, yes, but the bereaved families are going crazy. There are a lot of people he mentioned, but no bodies have been found.”

“Ah, this is the worst thing. I'm sick of seeing him keep smiling. And you know what he said to me at the end? I was about to leave, but he called me and said, “See you again.” Ah, Tim, please say this is a dream. I’m sick of talking to him four hours a day.”

“You’re still alive and well, though. Professional psychological counsellors say they get traumatized when they interview him for three or four hours. You lose weight because of stress. Well, that’s not too much.”

“What kind of trauma is that now? I’m fed up with his field photos. Am I the one who used to look into papers in the office and attend conferences? I know nothing but common sense about profiling, but how did I end up in this situation?”

“Hahaha, that's it for today anyway. Let’s get out of the back door.”

Laughing a little due to the Chief's words, “Doesn't matter how you do it, make sure you persuade Jude well and don’t complain anymore! Don’t let that lazy fellow get away with it!” – Tim patted Jude on his back and headed for the back door. It was to avoid reporters waiting in front of the main gate and Alvin’s enthusiastic fans – even though they witnessed it in person – and they were not able to understand this incomprehensible scene themselves. Holding a paper cup while murmuring, Jude simply walked along with Tim.

*        *        *

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BBDW 78 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 80 [END] [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 74 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 73 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 69 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland

BBDW 61 [Black Butterfly] - Nevereverland